The Building Survey is suitable for all residential properties and provides a detailed report on the construction and condition of the property. Because the level of detail is higher than the Homebuyer’s Report, a building survey is more expensive.
If the property is extensive, has been altered or is in a run down condition, this is the report to have as it has the scope to give all the information you need. A Building Survey is a highly detailed report, designed around your specific requirements.
There are several reasons that would suggest that you need a building survey:
- If the property is of an unusual construction
- The property is unusually large
- If it is an old property
- If the property is dilapidated or in need of serious structural repair
- If the property has had extensive alterations
- If you are planning to convert or renovate the building in a major way